In the Marais area there is a church, Notre-Dame-des-Blancs-Manteaux, from 1690. It replaced a previous one from 1285, which then was part of a monastery. The name “Blancs-Manteaux”, White Coats, refers to the monks of a mendicant order, who wore white coats. They were rather soon replaced by monks in black coats and later by other orders, but the name remained. As we can see from some old plans of Paris, there was here a large monastery, at the end occupied by the Benedectines (actually referred to as the Black Monks).
Comparing the plans below from respectively the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries, we can see how the convent was transformed. After the Revolution, all that was left and still is there is the present church building, which got a new facade, moved there from another (demolished) church as late as 1863.
Some photos from the interior.
The attention (at least mine) is more particularly drawn to the beautiful pulpit, placed here in 1864, obviously with some 1749 Franconian or Bavarian origin.